Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Picture Wednesday #36 (Friends Forever)





 Friends Forever

*We have come to our final Picture Wednesday of the school year.

*This year I shared 36 different images with my fourth graders.

*The writers did some great writing, observing, and thinking about a visual image!

*I love ending on the note of "friendship".  These are some of my favorite ones I've found.    

*Each Wednesday we write in our writer's notebooks about a particular image.

*They can record their thoughts, reactions, connections, likes/dislikes, reminders, noticings, or anything else they would like.  

*Some of the writers choose to write a fiction story based on the picture.

*We write between five and ten minutes and then do a quick share at the end.  

*The photos always lead to lots of conversation and the sharing of ideas.  I try to get them to write first and then we can share what we wrote and what we were thinking.

*The writers are really enjoying writing and talking about these photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment