Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #144 (Reader Response #3)

Wonder Wednesday - My Life as a Reader (Part Three)

*Today is the third post of a Wednesday summer feature I'm going to run through the summer months.

*I had each of my students respond to a series of "sentence frames" about their reading life this year.

*I will be posting their thoughts here on Wonder Wednesdays.



Mustafa Wrote...

*Mustafa came in as a student who didn't love to read, but didn't hate it either.  He did it and was pretty good at it.  As I watched him grow as a reader this year, I saw some of his habits change, improve, and progress.    


Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was OK
because I thought it was boring.   


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is awesome  
because I learned that there are awesome books out there.  


This year I learned that as a reader I need to understand what I read 
because then it is more enjoyable and I can talk to my friends about it.


To me reading is fun
because if you find a great book it can be really cool.  


As a reader I'm most proud of the new books I read this year
because it made me a better reader and I learned new words.   


The best thing about reading is that stories can be really cool
because authors are making better books for kids to read that they will like.  


To be a life-long reader means to read every day
because that is what Mr. Andrus tells us to do and he is a life-long reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment