*This past weekend we had friends from Colorado staying with us. We hosted a party on Saturday night for a group of mutual friends.
*My wife was trying to think of a dessert and I remembered this one. It goes way back to my childhood and we would have it at our neighborhood 4th of July parties every year.
*We have made it (or she has) many times over the years. It has become a family favorite.
*She granted my wish and whipped this up so it was ready to serve at our party.
*It did not disappoint and was a huge hit with all of our guests.
*This is the perfect summer time dessert. Enjoy!
-2 Cups graham crackers, crushed
-2 to 3 bananas, sliced in circles
-1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
-1 cup chopped walnuts
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup butter
-2 cups confectioners' sugar
-1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
-1 tsp. vanilla
1. Cover bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan with 1 cup graham crackers
2. Slice bananas and layer over crackers, covering crackers
3. Slice ice cream and lay over bananas, smooth ice cream slices together with knife
4. Sprinkle nuts over ice cream and freeze overnight
5. Melt chocolate chips and butter
6. Add sugar and evaporated milk
7. Cook until thick, then add vanilla; cool
8. Spoon chocolate over ice cream
9. Freeze until firm
10. Put Cool Whip over top and sprinkle with remaining one cup of graham cracker crumbs; freeze
11. Take out of freezer a little before serving to thaw so it is easier to cut
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Treat Tuesday: Young-Adult Novel
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel