Treat Tuesday: French Toast Bake
*Saw this recipe "liked" by a friend of mine on FaceBook.
*While we had some house guests, we gave it a try and all I can say is that it was delicious.
*It took a bit of time, but well worth it.
*Enjoy the "bake" and of course the new books!!!
Servings: 12 slices
For the bake:
1 tube refrigerated biscuits (8 total)
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 cup fresh berries
1 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.2. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
5. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
6. Add the biscuits and berries, and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
8. Drizzle maple syrup over the entire mixture.
9. Bake for 35–45 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
10. Let cool, then sprinkle on powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Treat Tuesday: Young-Adult Novel
Treat Tuesday: Novel Published for Adults