Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, July 28, 2014

Squish #6: Fear the Amoeba by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm...

How I Heard About It:  Squish is a favorite graphic novel series in my classroom.  I was excited to see the sixth edition on the book shelves this summer.  I of course picked it up to add to the collection this fall.  

What It Is About:  This sixth adventure follows the same format as the first five graphic novels.  In this installment Squish learns he is fearful of a movie that all of his friends want to see and continue to see.  He finds himself in a dilemma whether he should be honest with them or if he should fake it and just be miserable and fearful during the movie.




What I Thought Of It:  As is the entire series, this newest graphic novel was quite enjoyable.  I like the format of the comic book hero with his story and how it relates to what is going on in Squish's life.  Another great aspect of this book/series is that there is always a lesson to be learned from the book.  Some readers think graphic novels like this have nothing to offer, but they couldn't be more wrong.  I'm excited for my new fourth graders to get their hands on this book.

Who Should Read It:  In my opinion the Squish series is perfect for the third, fourth, and fifth grade classroom.  Because it is a graphic novel, it definitely needs to be read by an individual so they can take in the graphics along with the text.  If a young reader enjoys graphic novels, then you need to put this book in their hands.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment