Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #52...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Eight)

*This is the eighth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #15 - Salma

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I had better things to do.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is good
because I have learned to read interesting books.   


This year I learned that as a reader I prefer chapter books (AKA novels)
because they are way more interesting.  


To me reading is fun
because I like to read.  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading good books
because I never finish the boring ones.   


The best thing about reading is when Mr. Andrus reads to us
because it is fun to listen to great stories that I couldn't read on my own.  


STUDENT #16 - Joey

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was fun
because I read really good books.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is also fun
because I read some great series books, especially Percy Jackson.  


This year I learned that as a reader I am good at reading
because I read some really big and long books, like the Percy Jackson series.  


To me reading is awesome
because it is the best thing in the whole school day.  


As a reader I'm most proud of everything
because 
I do everything equally well.  

The best thing about reading is the plot
because it is the best part of a book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment