Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #53...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Nine)

*This is the ninth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #17 - Avery

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was good
because I kind of liked doing it.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is even better
because I have read so many different kinds of books.  


This year I learned that as a reader I will only read good books
because otherwise I won't read them.   


To me reading is okay
because sometimes I'm in the mood to read and really enjoy it and other times I'm not.  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading the book Wonder
because it was a very long book and I thought I couldn't read it, but I did.  


The best thing about reading is finding good graphic novels
because they are good and fun to look at.   


STUDENT #18 - Wilson

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was hard
because I hardly read at all.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is okay
because it is easier for me and I have found some books


This year I learned that as a reader prefer reading comics or graphic novels
because I think they are easier for me and more interesting.  


To me reading is medium
because it is easy sometimes and hard sometimes.  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading more this year than I did before
because 
I feel like it is easier for me now.  

The best thing about reading is learning
because I like learning about new things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment