Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Treat Tuesday #50...

Treat Tuesday:  Watermelon-Tequila Cocktails

*Summer is the perfect time for watermelons.

*Summer is also the perfect time for Tequila.

*Add the two together, throw in a book, and you have perfection!






Ingredients...
  1. *1/4 cup water
  2. *1/4 cup granulated sugar
  3. *8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
  4. *1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  5. *1 3/4 cups blueberries
  6. *3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
  7. *1 1/4 cups silver tequila
  8. *Ice
Directions...

  1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
  2. In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
  3. In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
  4. Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve!  

Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha

*A friend returned this book to me this past weekend.

*It reminded me how much I love this book.

*This novel is "unputdownable"!!!  Enjoy...



Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell

*This series doesn't get read a lot in my room, but the readers that do pick up the first book, generally continue on and read the whole series.

*I think for some readers, it is the perfect choice!  



Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series
*I started this show years ago via Netflix.

*I feel in love right away and enjoyed the entire series.

*Some seasons were better than others, but overall very entertaining!






Treat Tuesday:  Movie
*This is one of my all-time favorite movies.

*I remember coming out of the movie theater with tears streaming down my face.

*The ending of this movie is like no other.

*The acting of all characters was outstanding!


Treat Tuesday:  Music  
"What About Love" from The Color Purple on Broadway
*I figured since I picked the movie Color Purple for a treat, I would stick with the theme.
*I have not seen the Broadway version, but have heard this song and love it.
*Quite the powerful and emotional lyrics!  


Treat Tuesday:  Photograph
*Another picture that came across Twitter.

*I am fascinated by the moon.

*Moonstruck I guess you would call it!

*This picture is just so fun to look at.

*Enjoy...




No comments:

Post a Comment