Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wonder Wednesday #315 (Distance Learning)

Wonder Wednesday - The New NORMAL  

*This seems to be a new phrase = "The New Normal".
*I'm currently in the middle of my second week of "distance learning".  


*I must say I'm not a fan of this new type of teaching/learning, but trying to make the most of it.

*Here are a few WONDERful highlights from my last week with my awesome fourth graders.  

  This student is reading our "Breakfast with Books" book club selection
 with his grandparents via his iPad.  


This was the video I shared for our "Video of the Week".  Each week I share a video, the students watch it, and then respond in writing.   


 One of our Community Building activities was find the TALLEST object in your home, take a picture of it, and post to a Padlet.  Each day I do a different "topic".  They are loving it!  


  We started our 2020 Picture Book March Madness while still together.  We continued, or tried, the sharing of picture books and voting.  Not everyone participated, but we did some up with a WINNER! 


  OI still run a morning meeting each day.  Here we are playing a class game and when the student got "out", they turned off their camera.  I think some learners enjoyed this version more than when we played together in the classroom.  


  Chatting with my fourth graders to get our day started.   So great to see all their faces!  


 At the end of a LONG day.  Just making the BEST of the situation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment