Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Fade Away by E.B Vickers

How I Heard About It:
*I was fortunate to receive an E-Galley of this new novel.  I had seen and heard great comments about the story and was excited to dig in and enjoy a young-adult story.  It had been awhile since I read from this genre.  The story was "unputdownable".  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Jake, a basketball player, goes missing after winning a championship game.

*His best friend, ex-girlfriend, brother, and coach have no idea where Jake is, but all want to find him before it is too late.

*As each of them works to uncover where Jake is, they learn more and more about him, and don't necessarily like what they are finding out.  

*Each person in Jake's life has an idea or theory about what has happened to him or where he might be.

*They come together to find Jake before it is not only too late for Jake, but for everyone searching for him.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Once I started the story, I could NOT put it down.  

*It had been quite some time since I've read a novel where I could not stop reading and found myself reading faster and faster.  

*The story was told from multiple points of view which created suspense, tension, and mystery.  

*Vickers did a phenomenal job of creating a perfectly paced plot where the events of the story began with a steady and slow pace, and the build up was like nothing else I have read.  

*Several important and timely topics were presented throughout the story and shown in an authentic and sensitive manner.


Who Should Read It:
*This is the perfect novel for high-school readers.  The plot is addicting, and the characters are unforgettable.  College and adult readers would also be ideal for the story.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment