Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Now Is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson

How I Heard About It:
*As I was previewing some of the best novels for adults from 2022, this novel popped up.  I remember seeing some "buzz" about the book and thought it was time to purchase a copy and see what all the praise was about.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Frankie is a sixteen year old girl who likes to write and spend her time alone.

*Zeke has just moved into town, likes to draw, and is a bit awkward.  

*When the two loners meet, they realize there is a connection between them.

*With the written talent of Frankie and the artistic talent of Zeke, they put their forces together and create a poster in which they hang all over their small town.  

*When the "quote" on the poster along with the artwork catches the attention of "everyone", life events get out of control and Frankie and Zeke aren't quite sure how to handle the situation.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections
*I found this a unique and "out of the box" type story.

*The characters of Frankie and Zeke were interesting and special.

*As I read, I wasn't completely engaged with the plot, but I did keep reading/skimming.

*I did enjoy how Frankie's story when she was sixteen and how the past caught up with her when she was adult with a husband and child.

*The book is marketed toward an adult audience, but I think a young-adult would enjoy the plot as it centers around the two teenagers.


Who Should Read It:
*In my opinion, the book would be geared toward both the young-adult and adult reader.  There isn't a lot of "action", but the plot is different and special.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment