Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

How I Heard About It:
*When I saw this as the number one novel from 2022, I figured I'd better read it.  I also had read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry which I enjoyed quite well.  I listened to the story while commuting back and forth to work during the month of January.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Sam and Sadie first met as children in a hospital.

*They meet again years later while both in college.

*Both Sam and Sadie have a deep interest in video games.

*A professional partnership is formed and Sam and Sadie find themselves deep in the world of video games; both as creators and players.

*As much as they try to keep things on a professional level; their own personal lives intervene and cause complications over a span of many years.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections
*This was quite a different type of book for me and there were times when I wasn't sure why this was one of the top novels of 2022.

*I'm not a gamer or into video games and that could be why I wasn't completely interested in the story.

*The relationship between Sam and Sadie was interesting and I cared about what happened to the two of them.  

*The plot did drag a little and there were sections of the book that were just plain weird.

*The writing, and thinking, in the novel was top-notch and Zevin is a brilliant writer.


Who Should Read It:
*This is definitely a novel for readers who enjoy a longer fiction book with a complex plot, lots of description about video games, but contains really strong writing.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment