Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Windswept by Margi Preus

How I Heard About It:
*A novel that was sent to me via Amulet Books.  A reading friend also had a copy of the book and highly recommended it so I brought it to the top of my TBR pile.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Tag lives in a world where the "wind" is quite dangerous.

*When the younger children venture out into the world, they are being "swept" away and vanishing.

*Tag keeps herself safe.  That is until her own sisters are "windswept".  Tag knows she must venture out into the dangerous world to locate her sisters.

*As tag enters the cold and unknown world, she meets up with several young children who all seem to have talents that will lead them to the missing children.

*Tag isn't sure she has a skill or talent, but is determined to not only find her own sisters, but the other missing children as well.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections
*This was another middle-grade novel I read over winter break which was perfect timing because of the setting and plot of this novel.

*I enjoyed reading about Tag and all of her adventures.

*There were some spots that moved a bit slow for my taste, but I kept on reading.

*I'm not normally a fan of fantasy, but I found myself intrigued about this particular fantasy.  

*There were lots of unique and fantastical characters throughout the story and I know young readers will enjoy this tale.


Who Should Read It:
*Fantasy readers will quite enjoy Tag and her friends adventures in the "windswept" world.  The book is most likely geared toward readers in the upper elementary grades along with middle-school readers.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment