Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Quirks and the Freaky Field Trip Book Party...

A Saturday Book Party - The Quirks and the Freaky Field Trip

*The last few years I have had the author Erin Soderberg visit my classroom and my book club to talk all things The Quirks:  Welcome to Normal.

*I love picking this first novel in the series because it is perfect for fourth grade readers and leads them to the other books in the series.

*During our last visit this past October, Erin mentioned that the fourth and final book was being released in late November.


*On Saturday, November 14th, Erin had a book party at the Wild Rumpus bookstore here in Minneapolis.

*I made a point to get over there to purchase a copy of the book, see Erin in action, and of course get an autograph.

*When I arrived at the book signing Erin was conducting a trivia context about all the books in the series.

*She then had a give away with fun "quirky" prizes.

*The wrap-up was a long line of readers getting the author to sign their new books.

*I had such a fun time shopping and buying the book (plus a few others).

*I took a few pictures of my awesome afternoon at this incredible book store and QUIRKY party!






2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your pictures on Twitter too! We've skyped with Erin the past two years and she's an absolute joy. I was lucky enough to meet her at NerdCamp this past summer. Will hopefully see her, and you, at NCTE! Looking forward to heading up to MN in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. She is great. Will be great to meet you hopefully at a party or two. I think Erin is coming to the Saturday night "Nerdy" party.

    ReplyDelete