Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, December 8, 2014

Music Monday #14...

"Clouds" by Zach Sobiech

Clouds Choir at the Mall of America

*This selection hits home for me both personally and location.

*Zach was from the Twin Cities and I'm from the Twin Cities.

*Zach had cancer and I had cancer.

*I fell in love with this song the moment I heard it.

*I've shared it with students before and I know it hits their hearts just as it does mine.

*The choir that gathered a year after Zach's death it absolutely amazing.  

*We will watch both videos and then write our responses in our writer's notebooks.

*This is a special one that I know will become a favorite of my young writers.

Music Monday Selections for 2014-2015…

Week #1 = What I Am by will.i.am and Sesame Street Characters
Week #2 = Proud by Heather Small
Week #3 = Dreamer by Chris Brown
Week #4 = Roar by Katy Perry
Week #5 = What Does the Fox Say by Ylvis
Week #6 = Rainbow Connection from the Muppets
Week #7 = Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson
Week #8 = Thriller by Michael Jackson
Week #9 = Hall of Fame by The Script and will.i.am
Week #10 = Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka
Week #11 = Count on Me by Bruno Mars
Week #12 = Superheroes by The Script
Week #13 = Something New by Axwell Ingrosso

No comments:

Post a Comment