Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Andy Cohen Diaries (A Deep Look at a Shallow Year) by Andy Cohen...

How I Heard About It:  I recently started watching "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen on Bravo.  After a few episodes, I learned about Andy's latest books.  Having so many actual books that I was reading, I decided to give an audio book a try.  I have a thirty minute commute to and from work, and am surprised I've never tried an audio before.

What It Is About:  This was the perfect audio book to start with.  It was light-hearted and so easy to listen to.  My commutes became one of my favorite parts of the day.  Andy kept a diary for one year (September 2013-September 2014) documenting his daily adventures.  The book takes the reader on a wild ride following Andy to his job, on his trips, and on all the adventures he has with both his celebrity and non-celebrity friends.  Another major aspect of the book is Andy's decision to get a dog that will change his life for both the better and the "doggy" worse.

What I Thought Of It:  This was a refreshing change of pace.  There was nothing deep about this book, but it was just plain fun to listen to.  I laughed out loud many times through the story.  It was quite interesting to listen to the life that Andy has in New York, all the friends he hangs out with, and how often he comes in contact with celebrities.  His family life (especially his parents) was also interesting to hear about and I realized that no matter how famous a person is, or how many famous people they know, they are still some one's son, brother, and "real person."  I enjoyed this audio book so much that I have ordered his first book called Most Talkative that I look forward to listening to after the holiday break.  

Who Should Read It:  This probably isn't the book that most people who follow this blog will gravitate toward, but if you are looking for something different and just plain fun, then this is the book for you.  I can't compare it to the actual book, but the audio book is absolutely great, fun, and completely entertaining.  If you have a commute like I do, then this is the story for you.  Happy Reading...

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment