Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Life Lesson #32 (Achieve Your Goals)

"Achieve Your Goals"

*It is Thursday and that means it is time for another "Life Lesson" video clip.

*I totally agree with this video and the message it is giving.

*Many of my own fears have gotten in the way of achieving my own goals.

*My hope is that all of my students achieve both their short-term and long-term goals.

*I'm always trying to find ways to help my students reach their full potential.  

*Each Thursday I feature a different video with a "life lesson" in it.  

*After viewing the video once or twice, we chat a bit about it as a group.

*I then have the writers record their thoughts in their writer's notebooks.

*They can write their thoughts, reactions, connections, wonderings, learnings, or whatever is on their mind regarding the video.

*Encouragement is also given to reflect on the "message" of the clip.

*After about 5-10 minutes of writing, we listen to a few of the students share what they wrote.


*It is my hope that through these "life lessons", my students can become the best young people they can be.


Life Lessons (2015-2016)...
Lesson #1 - Be Courageous 
Lesson #2 - Be Kind
Lesson #3 - Be Courageous (part two)
Lesson #4 - Be Motivated
Lesson #5 - Be a Buddy, Not a Bully
Lesson #6 - Be Inspired
Lesson #7 - Be Spooky (Halloween Edition)
Lesson #8:  Be Kind (Kindness Retreat)
Lesson #9:  Be Shoutful
Lesson #10:  Be Happy
Lesson #11:  Be a Reader
Lesson #12:  Be Powerful
Lesson #13:  Be Merry
Lesson #14:  Be a Team
Lesson #15:  Be Giving
Lesson #16:  Be Brave (part two)
Lesson #17:  Be Positive
Lesson #18:  Be Dance Like
Lesson #19:  You Can Do It
Lesson #20:  Be a Hero
Lesson #21:  Be a Friend
Lesson #22:  Be Kind (Part Three)
Lesson #23:  Be Brave and Courageous
Lesson #24:  Be Fearless
Lesson #25:  Be a Sportsman/Sportswoman
Lesson #26:  Be Different
Lesson #27:  Thinking Outside the Box
Lesson #28:  Live Your Dream and Share Your Passion
Lesson #29:  You've Always Had the Power
Lesson #30:  Pay It Forward
Lesson #31:  Give a Compliment

No comments:

Post a Comment