Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, May 16, 2016

Music Monday #30: Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake

"Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake

*A few week back I saw this video clip on FaceBook.  It "sang" to me right away!

*Then a co-worker told me about it and it was a reminder of how much I enjoyed the song.

*For this time of the school year, I need something upbeat, fun, and engaging.  This fits the bill.

*This was our 30th Monday where we featured a musical selection.

*Each Monday I highlight a piece of music to share with my writers.  

*We begin with showing a video that goes along with the musical selection.

*The class will watch the video between 1-2 times.

*After the second viewing, the writers begin to record their thoughts in the notebooks.

*As they write, I play the music in the background (minus the video).

*My fourth graders can record their thoughts, ideas, connections, likes/dislikes, or reactions to the song.  They can also write about the message of the song.  


*I have my students write between 5-10 minutes.  At the end of our writing time, I see if a few of the writers would like to share what they wrote.  

Music Monday Selections (2015-2016)…

Week #1:  What I Am by will.i.am
Week #2:  Proud by Heather Small
Week #3:  Dreamer by Chris Brown
Week #4:  Live Like a Warrior by Matisyahu
Week #5:  Sunshine by Matisyahu
Week #6:  Better When I'm Dancin' by Megan Trainor
Week #7:  Thriller by Michael Jackson
Week #8:  Hopeful by Bars and Melody
Week #9:  Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar
Week #10:  The Rainbow Connection from The Muppets
Week #11:  What Does the Fox Say by Ylvis
Week #12:  Hall of Fame by The Script
Week #13:  Clouds by Zach Sobiech
Week #14:  Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid
Week #15:  What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Week #16:  Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz
Week #17:  Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw
Week #18:  Today's the Day by Pink
Week #19:  Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
Week #20:  Fireflies by Owl City
Week #21:  Superheroes by The Script
Week #22:  Happy by Pharrell Williams
Week #23:  Waka, Waka - This Time for Africa by Shakira
Week #24:  Candyman by Zedd and Aloe Blacc
Week #25:  Something New by Axwell/Ingrosso
Week #26:  Broken Arrows by Avicii
Week #27:  Rise Up by Andra Day
Week #28:  The World's Greatest by R. Kelly
Week #29:  One Call Away by Charlie Puth

No comments:

Post a Comment