Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #140 (Class Read Aloud Number Five)

Wonder Wednesday - Class Read Aloud Number Five

*One of our language arts units is "historical fiction".

*I try to tie in our class read aloud with the unit we are covering.

*After reading this novel on my own, I knew it would be perfect to share with my class during our historical fiction unit.

*My fourth graders loved it and were more than ready to share their thoughts.



*Here are a few thoughts that my listeners had...


I thought this book was…

*Fun to listen to because there was a lot that happened in the story and kept my interest.  
*Awesome because I like historical fiction books and really enjoyed the story.
*Really good because it was a great story and had lots of cliff hangers.  

I liked it when…


*Ada jumped over the wall because it was a cool and happy part of the story.  
*Susan took care of the kids because their Mam was so mean to them.
*The kids went to Susan's house because they got treated so much better.  


My favorite character was…

*Ada because she was very determined and I like that.  
*Ada because she was the main character and she goes through a lot in the story.   
*Butter because I love animals and especially like horses.

My favorite part in the story was…

*When the kids found out they got to go live with Susan because their life changed.  
*When they got away from Mam because she was such a bad person.
*When Ada jumped the wall with Butter because that was such an important thing for Ada to do.  


It was interesting when…


*Mam showed up because I didn't think she would.  

*Their was a war right by them because I've never read a story like that.  
*The bombs were falling right where Ada and her family lived because it was pretty scary.  


I was frustrated when…

*Susan let Mam take the kids because it was a sad moment.
*Mam made Ada use the bucket because it was so mean of her.  
*Mam hit Ada because Ada didn't do anything wrong.  



I give this book _____ stars!  

5 STARS =  15 Students
4 STARS =  5 Students
3 STARS =  2 Students
2 STARS =  1 Student
1 STAR =  0 Students 

No comments:

Post a Comment