Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Lightfall #1 - The Girl & The Galdurian by Tim Probert

How I Heard About It:
*I received this graphic novel from the publisher.  I knew nothing of the story, but was excited to have a new graphic novel to read.  Once I started, I couldn't put it down and finished in one sitting.  

What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Bea is the "granddaughter" of the Pig Wizard.  

*Cad is a member of the Galdurians, an ancient and well known group of "creatures".



*Bea has lived a relatively quite life with her grandfather until the day she ventures out into the forest.

*It is during this walk, she meets Cad and both of their lives are changed.

*Cad is on the search for his "people" and Bea thinks her grandfather can help, but when they return to her home, the Pig Wizard is gone.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I loved both the graphics and the story.

*The adventure was engaging and I kept thinking how much young readers would enjoy.

*The characters they met along the way were unique, thoughtful, and authentic.

*The plot was one of a kind, fun, and full of suspense.

*Once I finished the last page, I was left wanting more because there was a definite cliff-hanger.  


Who Should Read It:
*I believe readers in grades three, four, and five would enjoy the adventure of Bea and Cad.  Of course sixth and seventh grade children who enjoy graphic novels would also be an audience to consider for the book.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment