Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, May 12, 2017

Friend Friday #188 (Matylda, Bright, and Tender by Holly M. McGhee)


Hi!  I'm Sally and I read the book called Matylda, Bright, & Tender by Holly M. McGhee.    


I thought this book was sad 
because Guy was super nice and he died for Sussy.  


My favorite part in the story was when Matylda finally ate because that was a good thing and made me happy.  



The character that I liked best was Guy because he was a nice guy! (Ha, get it)


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to both entertain with a great story and inform about how to raise and take care of a gecko.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because they would like it, but most of us are already reading it in our class.  


Reading to us is fun/boring because it's nice but if it's not interesting then it's boring.  Of course most people want to read interesting stories.  

*This is our current "Breakfast with Books" book club selection.  
*Sally was one of the first readers to complete the book.
*All the reviews are giving "rave" reviews about the story and characters.
*We Skype with the author on May 26th.
*Be sure to check out our first set of trailers in yesterday's post.  

**On a side note, this was one of my favorite middle-grade books I read during this school year.
**I highly recommend it.  A "must-read"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment