Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, May 19, 2017

Friend Friday #189 (Matylda, Bright, & Tender by Holly M. McGhee)


Hi!  I'm Logan and I read the book called Matylda, Bright, & Tender by Holly M. McGhee.    


I thought this book was awesome 
because it had such a cool story with both people and animals in the book.  


My favorite part in the story was when Matylda wouldn't eat because I was glad she finally began eating because that was good for her.  



The character that I liked best was Guy because he was a boy and I'm a boy.  Plus he did a really great thing for his friend Sussy.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to write a story about kids dealing with hard things in life and how animals can help you.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it was really good and we read it for our book club and everyone is loving the book.  

Reading to me is phenomenal because I like to read and have read such great books this year.  

*This is our current "Breakfast with Books" book club selection.  
*Logan is one of the fourth graders that read the book for our Skype with the author.  
*All the readers are giving "rave" reviews about the story and characters.
*We Skype with the author on May 26th.
*Be sure to check out our second set of trailers in yesterday's post.  


**On a side note, this was one of my favorite middle-grade books I read during this school year.
**I highly recommend it.  A "must-read"!

No comments:

Post a Comment