Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Summer 2017 Blog Break



Some Time Off...

*On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 I began my venture into the world of "blogging".

*The last "almost" five years have been incredible and full of growth, learning, and fantastic connections.





*As I scroll through the "ReadWonder" blog, I'm amazed at how this personal reading "journey" has evolved, grown, and enriched both my personal and professional life.

*This past week I posted my 190th weekly "features" and that kind of blows my mind.  Over the last five years I have taken a few "breaks" from the blog.  These usually happened during winter vacation and/or a summer vacation that I took with the family.

*I've decided to take the summer off from the daily/weekly features of the blog.  I will still post the books I've read and special events I will be attending over the summer related to my professional development.

*I will be back with all new daily and weekly posts in the fall of 2017.  These posts will include: Music Monday, Treat Tuesday, Wonder Wednesday, Picture Wednesday, Trailer Thursday, Life Lesson Thursday, and Friend Friday.

*The reasons I"m taking this break?  Let's see if I can put it into a TOP TEN list...




1.  I've been blogging for almost five years now.  

2.  I've blogged 190 daily features.

3.  I was getting to a point where it was becoming "work" instead of "fun."

4.  I want to step back, take some time, and rethink ways to put some new energy into ReadWonder.

5.  I want the month of June to read, read, read! (and relax)

6.  I want the month of July to read, read, read!  (and relax)

7.  I want the month of August to read, read, read!  (and relax)

8.  Without a current group of students over the summer, the posts aren't as real, personal, and/or helpful to other readers, teachers, and others that follow the blog.

9.  I don't want the features on this blog to become stale, repetitive, or god forbid "boring".

10.  Hey, it's summer and I want to be foot loose, fancy-free, with no "have to's" on my sunny, warm, carefree, and book filled days!  


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'll be following you on Goodreads, too. Happy reading this summer.

    ReplyDelete