*On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 I began my venture into the world of "blogging".
*The last "almost" five years have been incredible and full of growth, learning, and fantastic connections.
*As I scroll through the "ReadWonder" blog, I'm amazed at how this personal reading "journey" has evolved, grown, and enriched both my personal and professional life.
*This past week I posted my 190th weekly "features" and that kind of blows my mind. Over the last five years I have taken a few "breaks" from the blog. These usually happened during winter vacation and/or a summer vacation that I took with the family.
*I've decided to take the summer off from the daily/weekly features of the blog. I will still post the books I've read and special events I will be attending over the summer related to my professional development.
*I will be back with all new daily and weekly posts in the fall of 2017. These posts will include: Music Monday, Treat Tuesday, Wonder Wednesday, Picture Wednesday, Trailer Thursday, Life Lesson Thursday, and Friend Friday.
*The reasons I"m taking this break? Let's see if I can put it into a TOP TEN list...
1. I've been blogging for almost five years now.
2. I've blogged 190 daily features.
3. I was getting to a point where it was becoming "work" instead of "fun."
4. I want to step back, take some time, and rethink ways to put some new energy into ReadWonder.
5. I want the month of June to read, read, read! (and relax)
6. I want the month of July to read, read, read! (and relax)
7. I want the month of August to read, read, read! (and relax)
8. Without a current group of students over the summer, the posts aren't as real, personal, and/or helpful to other readers, teachers, and others that follow the blog.
9. I don't want the features on this blog to become stale, repetitive, or god forbid "boring".
10. Hey, it's summer and I want to be foot loose, fancy-free, with no "have to's" on my sunny, warm, carefree, and book filled days!