How I Heard About It:
*I was able to download an electronic ARC of this upcoming middle-grade story. The novel will be released in October of 2020. Thank you to Quill Tree Books which is an imprint of HarperCollins.
What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *The reader is transported to Karachi, Pakistan in this upcoming middle-grade story about two very different girls.
2. *Mimi is not thrilled to be leaving Houston to spend the summer in Pakistan with her mother and her grandparents, whom she has never met.
3. *Sakina, who lives in Pakistan, is the daughter of the cook working in Mimi's grandparents' home.
4. *Both girls have a secret they are keeping from their parents, and rely on each other for support
5. *Sakina must pass an English test to move forward in her education, and Mimi may be the only one who can help her.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *This was a beautifully story about two different young girls who actually had more in common than they thought.
Who Should Read It:
*Readers in grades four, five, and six would be ideal for the story. I could also see middle-school readers enjoying Mimi's journey to Pakistan and her new friendship with Sakina. I know there shouldn't be "girl" and "boy" books, but I do think the young female reader will have more to identify with this particular book. Happy Reading!
Rating: 4 STARS out of 5 Stars