How I Heard About It:
*Amulet Books was gracious allowing me to download an electronic ARC of the September 2020 middle-grade novel. This will be the perfect story for the upcoming election season.
What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *Maddie is twelve years old, doesn't really love school, but is completely interested and obsessed with her art classes.
2. *When she finds out the candidate running for Mayor, wants to cut all the art programs in their town, Maddie realizes she must do something.
3. *She learns she herself can't run for Mayor, but convinces her life-long babysitter, and friend, Janet, to run against the evil woman who wants to abolish the arts.
4. *Janet agrees to run against Lucinda, and Maddie becomes her campaign manager.
5. *The two of them work together to defeat Lucinda, learn a whole lot about politics, and fight for what they know is important and necessary.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *I can see this being a fun, and timely read, with the 2020 election coming up.
Who Should Read It:
*I could recommend the novel for a class read aloud in grades three through six. Being that Maddie is a middle-school student, I believe the middle-school reader would enjoy her adventure. Happy Reading!
Rating: 3 STARS out of 5 Stars