Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wonder Wednesday #342 (Year 30)

 
Wonder Wednesday - A Strange Way to Start Year 30...

*On Monday, August 24, 2020, I headed back to my elementary building of twenty-eight years.  Get this, in the same room and all.  My first two years were in a different district.  

*As we all know, the state of teachers and students has been, and continues to be, in flux.  

*As of this posting, I don't know much, but I do know I'm going to give the 2020/21 school year the BEST I've got and try to make it as normal as possible.  

*We are going to kick-off our year with students on Wednesday, September 2nd.  The district extended summer a couple of extra days in order for teachers to prepare.  We are going to participate in a hybrid model.

*I have twenty-three students on my class list.  I will have eleven students on Monday/Tuesday and twelve students on Wednesday/Thursday.  The half that is at home, will live stream in for our core lessons.  

*On Fridays, we will have the opportunity to do some virtual teaching with all of our students.  We will also have PLC time.  

*I don't know what the year will bring, but I do know I want to focus on the love of reading, books, and stretching ourselves as readers and writers.

*Here is a look at my "2020" classroom.  Sure looks different than a year ago.

*Some aspects of the room will NEVER change = There will always be BOOKS!!!

Our Showcase Welcoming Students to Our Reading World

Library Image #ONE

Library Image #TWO

Library Image #THREE

Picture Book Collection

The New Arrangement during COVID-19

Twelve Desks Socially Distanced

The View from My Work Station

The AWESOME Fourth Grade Team

Day #ONE of Year Thirty

The Desks Have Arrived (Goodbye 2020 Furniture)

(Sure Looks DIFFERENT)

No comments:

Post a Comment