Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Fabled Stables: Willa the Wisp by Jonathan Auxier


How I Heard About It:

*I am a HUGE fan of Jonathan Auxier and all his books.  I was excited to learn he was coming out with a new book/series for younger readers.  When I able to score an ARC during #virtualALA2020, I was thrilled.  The book will come out on October 20th of 2020.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1.  *The story centered around Auggie Pound who is eight years old.  

2.  *His job is to take care of the animals in the Fabled Stables.  


3.  *The stables are not your typical stables of animals, but unique, rare, and one of a kind creatures.  

4.  *He is also responsible for capturing new magical beasts in the wild.  

5.  *One day he arrives at the stables and one of the stalls has the name tag "Wisp" in it.  Auggie must find out what a "Wisp" is and how to find it.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1.  *I was so happy to start a new story by Jonathan Auxier and to see what he had in store for the reader this time around.  

2.  *I'm glad he is creating a series for the younger reader.  They are going to love the story.

3.  *The story was full of awesome characters, lots of adventure, and imagination.  

4.  *I enjoyed how the story was presented in an easy and accessible way for the younger reader.  They will totally feel like they are reading from a real chapter book.  

5.  *The magical elements were amazing and completely kid friendly.  


Who Should Read It:
*This is the perfect book for all young readers in grade two and above.  I love that chapter books are being published with the younger elementary readers in mind.  I'm excited about the new series from Jonathan Auxier.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  3 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment