How I Heard About It:
*I have been trying to add more novels published for adults to my weekly reading. I find this easier in the summer than the school year. As I kept my eye and ear open for the "it" novel to read over my vacation, this title kept popping up. I ordered it, read it, and now ready to share my thoughts.
What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone is able to move on from them and create a better life for themselves.
2. *Beauregard is one such person who had a difficult past, but made a better life for himself.
3. *As life begins to hit hard and finances become tough, Beauregard needs to make some difficult decisions.
4. *He is lured back to a life of bullets and blood, but tries his hardest to not become the father that abandoned him years ago.
5. *Once, he makes his choice, there is no turning back.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *I'm not normally a fan of "crime" novels, but I found the story to be intriguing and interesting.
Who Should Read It:
*I'm in the minority thinking this was an average, "so-so", story. Based on reviews on Amazon and GoodReads, most readers RAVE about the plot, characters, and setting. The writing is spot-on and Beauregard is a man you won't soon forget. Happy Reading!
Rating: 3 STARS out of 5 Stars