Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, August 24, 2020

Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Cosby

How I Heard About It:
*I have been trying to add more novels published for adults to my weekly reading.  I find this easier in the summer than the school year.  As I kept my eye and ear open for the "it" novel to read over my vacation, this title kept popping up.  I ordered it, read it, and now ready to share my thoughts.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1.  *Everyone makes mistakes.  Not everyone is able to move on from them and create a better life for themselves.  


2.  *Beauregard is one such person who had a difficult past, but made a better life for himself.  

3.  *As life begins to hit hard and finances become tough, Beauregard needs to make some difficult decisions.  

4.  *He is lured back to a life of bullets and blood, but tries his hardest to not become the father that abandoned him years ago.  

5.  *Once, he makes his choice, there is no turning back.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1.  *I'm not normally a fan of "crime" novels, but I found the story to be intriguing and interesting.

2.  *Some sections ran a bit slow for my taste, but I kept at it.  

3.  *I enjoyed reading about a man, husband, father, son, and friend that was willing to do whatever it took to not only take care of himself, but his family as well.  

4.  *The author did a phenomenal job of laying out the torment a person can experience between doing the right and wrong thing.  

5.  *The story was real, raw, and didn't pull any punches.  And if you are a fan of cars, you will really "drive" into the story.  


Who Should Read It:
*I'm in the minority thinking this was an average, "so-so", story.  Based on reviews on Amazon and GoodReads, most readers RAVE about the plot, characters, and setting.  The writing is spot-on and Beauregard is a man you won't soon forget.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  3 STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment